Become a Bridge Builder with Us
You may have heard the parable about prevention above, maybe even many times. While the story may be old, the truth is more relevant than ever. If we want Louisiana to be a state that thrives, with no substance abuse problems, no human trafficking, no children in foster homes and no intimate partner violence, we must begin by preventing child abuse and neglect.
PCAL has tools, provided by national research, to use in our efforts to prevent child maltreatment. But with these tools we need fellow bridge builders: those who are willing to go upstream with us to talk about prevention, to advocate for policies that will benefit children and families, to put in the time, energy and funds to make prevention first tangible, then a reality.
Will you join us in building a bridge to a Louisiana where all children thrive and are free from abuse and neglect? As a Bridge Builder, you pledge to do the following:
- Talk about Prevent Child Abuse Louisiana to your friends. Let them know that child abuse is preventable and we all have a role to play.
- Follow PCAL on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and share posts as you see fit.
- Share KIDLINE information with people you know.
- Make a donation to PCAL. Whether it’s $5 or $5,000, know that every dollar helps keep kids safe.
- Listen up for specific needs or volunteer opportunities and plug in where you feel capable and able to help.
If you want to be a Bridge Builder, just fill out the form below, and you’ll get an email with more information. Let’s all head upstream and get to work today!